Wednesday 29 August 2007

It's confirmed - Zat has gone

Yes, the big man has gone to Villa - as confirmed by the official site. I must admit to not having seen this coming at all - especially since he signed a contract extension a short while ago - as well as mixed feelings. As frustrating as Zat could be - and there's been plenty of times he's left me biting my knuckles in frustration, with Spurs at home in the cup a particular horror show - it leaves us drastically short of central defenders. It's over to Sanchez to get a replacement in pronto...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not torn up to see Zat go but I'd feel better if we had a bit more depth in the back. I agree, I hope Lawrie can get us a defender or two before the transfer window closes.

Rob said...

thanks for your comment BC, when you look at the limited cover at the back it sure makes you nervous doesn't it? Time is running out Lawrie, let's see some action!