Sunday 3 February 2008

Viva La Jimmy!

Days like today make it all worthwhile. A fantastic, electric, gutsy performance and adrenaline pumping finale that secured us three very precious points. I don't think i'm overplaying its significance by saying that today's match against the Villa - our first victory over them since the early 1970s - is one of my favourite ever matches. The way we played, the dejection of going a goal behind and the remarkable comeback just ticked all the boxes for me.

This was a Fulham side totally re-energised. We were full of running, dominant in midfield and strong in defence. This is down to a couple of factors: the obvious influence of Roy Hodgson and his new signings; and the non-stop running of Jimmy Bullard. I'm reluctant to jump aboard the Bully bandwagon but the lad is quite simply awesome. He was everywhere.

I will be back on later with my rankings but suffice to say that if we keep turning in performances like this then safety may be within our reach.

No comments: