Wednesday 19 March 2008

All hail the slippers


Forget Jimmy Bullard and Brian McBride - they haven't been the true catalysts for our return to winning ways...it is all down to a pair of slippers on the other side of the Atlantic. Brian of Craven Cottage Newsround fame has been wearing these during recent matches and each time we have come away with points. I promised a picture of them would go pride of place on the blog if we beat the toffees...so here we go" Apparently, rumours that Brian even has them on in the shower are wide of the mark.
UPDATE: Apparently they did make an appearance in the shower as well...but got a bit soggy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice one Rob

Brian - I hope you're ready to wear them for the rest of the season.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely Chopper!

Contrary to what Rob said, I did indeed try to wear them into the shower. But they were a bit soggy afterwards. So as I explained to Rob, they are now like my game day boots. I have regular slippers for other occasions. But these are now taken out, cleaned up and worn only on game day. I think that's what might be giving them there mojo!?

Thanks Rob!