Friday 7 September 2007

A Fulham-free weekend

It's a Friday morning and for the first time in a month I'm feeling very calm because the boys aren't playing this weekend...At last, a Saturday where my mood won't be affected by what has happened by 4.45pm - it's almost bliss! Yeah, okay, we've got an international on but that doesn't come close to the anxiety and nerves normaly felt.

Sticking with the internationals, I've been in touch with some of the Northern Ireland fans which have become very welcome additions to our ranks since the arrival of Healy & Co in the summer, so I will be posting their thoughts on the season so far later today.

Finally, a clarification - and thanks to Chopper at Hammy End Chronicle for this one - my piece about Abdeslam Ouaddou should have read that he was nearly 30 and not over 30. No excuses - just a failure to proof read before hitting the 'publish post' button so apologies for that!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya know, working in graphic arts trade as I do, I've been thinking about developing some sort of Fulham badge/shield/flag that incorporates the Union Jack, the N.Ireland flag and the U.S. Flag. Just as sort of a joke mind you.

I'm real interested in hearing the N. Ireland fans comments. In particular their take on Baird. Since I think were all thinking he is suspect. Yet he has done well previously and with N. Ireland. Will the lad come around or is he not quality enough to play at this level?

Rob said...

Hi Brian
Yes, they've got some interesting views - particularly on Baird - and seem a really nice bunch. Hopefully we can get to meet them for a few beers at some stage.

Anonymous said...

great interview, Rob. Love to see that the NIs passion for their lads has led them to FFC just as it has for many of us Yanks.

I'm also pleased that their take on Healy and Baird reinforces my early impressions. While I was hoping we'd sign a quick, pacy striker to play off Brian, perversely I'm enjoying Healy because he's NOT that guy. Given his height, relative lack of foot speed, and nose for the goal, he's beginning to remind me of Gerd Muller [Bayern Munich/W. Germany in the 70's], and that's not a bad thing at all.

Cheers

Anonymous said...

I'm still not having this "Baird is suspect thing!" He's played 5 games, got motm in one and done really well in a couple of others. Much too early to write him off I think.

Rich

Rob said...

Thanks for your comments Hatterdon/Chopper; much appreciated