Thursday 17 January 2008

King Kevin returns

Well, our own Kevin Keegan has returned to Newcastle United and I, for one, want to wish him the very best of luck. I loved having him as our manager and although the nature of his departure left a bit of a sour taste in the mouth at the end of our promotion season, he did us proud.

I just hope it works out for him. Keegan is a passionate chap and I can see how he has accepted this job on a wave of Geordie euphoria but he is clearly someone who thinks with his heart first which explains his sudden departures in the past.

Either way it's good to have him back in the game. Newcastle are always a team that I've got a soft spot for and i would certainly like to see them back challenging the boring four.

In other news we're still waiting for confirmation about Eddie Johnson. It amazes me that the messageboard posters are already slagging him off before his plane has even landed at Heathrow. We need to have faith in Hodgson - as we did with Sanchez - and if he thinks he's worth a go then I'm prepared to go along with the decision.

Elsewhere, Chopper at the Hammy End Chronicle reports on the departure of Chris Coleman from Real Sociedad here.

1 comment:

Jason Gatties said...

I make no bones about it. I think EJ would make a fine addition to the club. We are close to getting King now from Watford. Put those two together up front and see what happens.

I believe they would probably use EJ in a late substitution role, with McBride close to returning. EJ would give you a nice spark to close out a match.